The Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) provides a one-time (per heating season) heating supplement for low-income families. Applications for 2019-2020 heating season will begin December 2, 2019 and continue through March 31, 2020, or until funds are exhausted.
Early Application Period: The office will be accepting applications from households with a person aged 60 or more, or someone receiving benefits from the NC Division of Aging and Adult Services from Monday, Dec. 3, through Tuesday, Dec. 31, with the exception of December 24–26, when Wake County Human Services will be closed.
Regular Application Period: All households may apply from Thursday, Jan. 2, 2020, through Tuesday, March 31, 2020, at 5 p.m.
Residents can submit applications in person, via mail, via fax or via email. Please see below for contact information.
* Application must be completed, printed, signed and submitted via mail, fax or email.
WCHS – LIEAP/ENERGY
220 Swinburne St.
Raleigh, NC 27610
To be eligible, a person must:
- Have at least one U.S. citizen or non-citizen who meets eligibility criteria
- Have income equal to or less than 130 percent of the federal poverty limit, such as:
- For a household of one, an income of $16,236 or less
- For a family of four, an income of $33,480 or less
- Have resources, such as saving and checking accounts, cash on hand, at or below $2,250
- Be responsible for their heating cost
- For questions, please email: LIEAP@wakegov.com