On Thursday, September 19th, InterAct, Wake County’s sole provider of domestic and sexual violence services, is hosting a free, day-long interfaith training on the intersection of faith & domestic violence. Julie Owens, an expert on domestic violence in faith-based settings, will be leading this training for faith leaders and lay leaders in the faith community.
This training will take place on Thursday, Sept 19 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm at Jaycee Park Community Center, 2405 Wade Ave, Raleigh, 27605. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
• How Domestic violence & religion intersect
• Challenges for religious victims
• Relevant religious teachings
• Do’s & Don’ts with victims and abusers
• Making appropriate referrals
• Local and national religious resources
• How Faith Communities Can Help
• Tools for education & training
All women are invited to attend! There is limited space, so please RSVP by next Friday, September 13th.
Find the RSVP link here: https://FaithandDV.eventbrite.com