Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus:
In a world of challenges such as we are facing today, isn’t it wonderful to know that we serve a risen Savior? This is the season when millions of people take time to remember the resurrection of Jesus. Would you use this Holiday as an opportunity to tell someone of His arrival plan?
2 Peter 3:9 King James Version (KJV), “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
Indeed, our response to our world’s crisis ought to be the sincerest of prayers, repentance, and obedience. May we all
prevail in love!
I encourage you to remain focused on the fact that we serve a risen savior, and He is coming soon. Collectively, let us respond to the COVID-19 virus from a biblical perspective remembering the following facts about God:
- God is in control. So depend upon Him to do what is right.
- God has a purpose. So watch for Him to work.
- God will provide. So trust in Him to deliver.
- God has a mission. So declare His truth abroad.
- God has a remedy. So praise Him for what He will do.
This weekend let us focus on Who God is, What God expects and How God works. Then be convinced of the fact that God allows and directs all things according to His sovereign plan. Know that Christ resurrection assures us of hope, peace, comfort and confidence that only God can provide in times like these.
As Philippians 4:6,7 says, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
Yes, those who follow that comforting admonition from Scripture will surely experience all the provisions of God needed to face COVID-19 or any other obstacle.
Carol and I have encouraged ourselves with the song by PJ Morton “All In His Plan” (feat. Le’Andria Johnson & Mary Mary). That song, coupled with the Word of God, has given us such peace, and we know that God is still God despite these troublesome circumstances.
My mother would confirm it in the words of the old hymn written by Civilla D. Martin that says:
“Be not dismayed what-e’re be-tide, God will take care of you. Beneath his wings of love abide, God will take care of you.
“Through days of toil when heart does fail, God will take care of you. When dangers fierce your path assail, God will take care of you.
“All you may need he will provide, God will take care of you. Nothing you ask will be denied, God will take care of you.”
We love you Gethsemane. Hold on to your faith! Our Father God has not forsaken us.
A Few Reminders:
- Forsake not the time it takes to continue interceding in prayer for one another.
- Join in one of our weekly Wednesday evening, Prayer Meeting conference calls.
- South Atlantic Conference Churches (SAC) will be closed throughout April.
- A Regional Conference Youth Revival is scheduled the first week of May. SAC schools will participate. Dr. Carlton Byrd will be the speaker. More information forthcoming.
- South Atlantic Conference Pastors are offering a devotional thought and prayer every day except Sabbath. Times: 7:00 AM, 12:00 Noon, 7:00 PM. Each time slot is for ten minutes. The call-in number is (712) 770-4951 code 591710#
- Gethsemane’s On-Demand Service will be available Sabbath at 10:30 am.
- Please reciprocate God’s love by being faithful in your living and in your giving.
- This week we are praying for the following families (please intercede for all family members): Bro. Sam Saylee, Sis. Katherine Kilpatrick, Sis. Prisilla Lawrence, and Sis. Hyacinth Headley. In addition, please let us remember our sisters and brothers who are unemployed and without income right now. Of course, as always remember to intercede in prayer for our front-line workers.
- The General Conference of SDA is engaging in 100 days of prayer through July 4, 2020. Perhaps you will find a special blessing by joining believers all around the world in calling on Jesus in our urgent need! Select the link for details. https://www.revivalandreformation.org/100days
- Breath of Life Television Ministries is bringing the message of Christ’s resurrection to living rooms across the country this Sunday, April 12, 2020, as ABC affiliates will broadcast, The Awakening. The Awakening will feature Breath of Life speaker/director, Dr. Carlton P. Byrd, and Grammy award-winning recording artists, Yolanda Adams and Donnie McClurkin.
- Please text Elder Ochako at (952) 270-3339 if you are interested in receiving your Sabbath School quarterly by mail. Include your name and address in the text messages.
Forever and always in our hearts,
Dr. Larry E. Johnson, Pastor and Sis. Carol