“For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus”. 1 Timothy 3:13
“I commend unto you Phebe, our sister, a servant of the church at Cenchrea…” Romans 16:1-2
Deacons and Deaconess are to be co-laborers with the Pastor and Elders in fulfilling the mission of our church by providing assistance and continuous care to the members of the congregation and the maintenance of church property.
To be HUMBLE SERVANTS for the Kingdom of God who will continue to grow spiritually and work harmoniously with each other in meeting the needs of our church family and the community.
- To pray daily and study God’s Word
- To serve the congregation during worship
- To make preparations and restorations for the Ordinances of Humility
- To make preparations and restorations for Baptism and Communion
- To inspect, secure and maintain church facilities and grounds
- To visit the sick and be caregivers to the sick, shut-in and elderly
- To visit and support bereaved families
- To extend hospitality to new members
- To be role models for young men and women
- To strengthen our bond with our Brothers and Sisters in Christ